Friday, December 11, 2009

Gut Shabbos and Happy Hannukah

Today, I am just getting ready for Shabbos. Last night, my husband and I went to an OA meeting which beside my  Sanon groups, I hope to also attend the Overeaters meeting. Since Shabbat is close , I will not go into my food issues. But, want to talk about the closing of the meeting. The only man in the meeting was my husband and about 5 other women. At the closing everyone holds hands and says a serenity prayer which is a great prayer for all support groups, every person should TRY to live by it. Anyhow, I felt uncomfortable doing that for two reasons, Shomer Negiah and that my husband was holding hands during the pray with another woman and that triggered me to him maybe being trigged to act out negatively sexually. He said it was feeling sober and I should not worry, I am trying not too. :). Also, I was in Niddiah and holding his hand was not easy, during the pray- nerve recking. I think I will ask him if next time we are at OA meeting in that situation that we explain that we are frum and he does not touch other women and vice vera for me. For me, it is not a handshake that he is giving to another women, it is bonding to some level.  I would not want to hold another man's hand well I am doing the Serenity Prayer.

Here is a Yahoo Group I started for Orthodox Jewish Sex Addicts and their familes and friends- For Support!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FurmSEXAddicts/?yguid=423794104

A Gut Shabbos/Hanukkah!

----------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------Serenity Prayer-----------------------

God,


Grant me the serenity,

To accept the things I cannot change;

The courage, to change the things that I can;

And the wisdom, to know the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment